- Before you wash your comforter, remove any stains and repair tears
- Choose a washing machine that is the right size for your comforter
- For best results, use an appropriate laundry detergent and choose the correct washing cycle settings
- Home dryers can damage delicate fibers in down comforters, so it’s best to air dry them instead.
- Toss a few tennis balls into the dryer with your comforter to help fluff it as it dries
Women are 40 percent more likely than men to experience insomnia during their lives.